Manchester based fashion and lifestyle blog

20 January 2015

EATS - Home Sweet Home -Manchester

This weekend was all about fun with my girlfriends; which believe me was a long time coming.  I left my old job in December, and after a nightmare end to 2014 (read more about that here) didn't get to have a leaving do. My best friend from work left on Friday so all my old team came out too and we had a joint leaving do. We went to Holdfast, a new pop up bar in the Northern  Quarter. It's a very random bar, but I like quirky, and we commandeered the games room complete with Sega video games and the DJ decks.  I'll definitely be going again, the cocktails were too die for!!!

Anyway, to the food.  I stay in Manchester quite a lot either with friends or in one if the many apartments around the city centre (tip, leave it til the day before and you can get a steal. I once got a £350 apt that sleeps 4 for £70!). Staying in Manchester means the standard breakfast the next day, and I'm pretty proud to say I can point anyone in the direction if the best Eggs Benedict around, and that's Home Sweet Home!


A table which screams hangover!


4 hungover girls meant a table full of food. I had the Eggs Cali which is an Eggs Benedict with Avocado and Salmon and hot sauce, and is honestly one of my fave breakfasts ever!  I was still trying to be healthy eating this, but then got sidetracked…………. Another highlight are the loaded fries, basically the hangover food of dreams as its chips with cheese and bacon, and believe me, it was needed!!  The menu is great all day, not just breakfast (see here) and I'd totally recommend the Brisket Mac Melt for a dinner...................... my mouths watering thinking about it!




Another Home Sweet Home gem are the cakes.  Now I forgot to take photos of the cakes, as I left in a total food coma, but they can only be described as door stops, they are huge!!  They're made fresh each day by Bake-O-Rama and need to be eaten to be believed.  I'm not a cake fan at all, and these cakes are the only ones I'll eat!!  Sat in the window of Home Sweet Home on a Saturday afternoon with a coffee, cake, my mates and a fashion mag are my standard fare (when I'm not watching football!).

The Bill was £60 between 4 of us, but seeing as there were Bloody Marys and endless pints of coke on there, we thought that was really good!!

You really should try Home Sweet Home, I can honestly says it’s my little slice of cake and breakfast heaven in the Northern Quarter!!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I love hearing other peoples views on my fashion loves! xoxo

© Just Mee Dee

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig