Manchester based fashion and lifestyle blog

15 July 2015

EATS: Northern Quarter Restaurant Manchester - Sunday Lunch




A few weeks ago, I asked the lovely M-DOG (follow him on Twitter here) from Manchester Dining Offers Guide for a recommendation for the best Sunday Roast in Manchester, and was told to try The Northern Quarter Restaurant.  I follow M-DOG on Twitter and often LOL at his tweets and love his reviews, so thought I'd take this recco and run with it.  I go out in the Northern Quarter A LOT, but have never been in TNQ, so it killed 2 birds with 1 stone:  a great Sunday lunch and a new place to try!

It was a glorious sunny day in Mancunia (we don't get many so we need to make the most of every one), and the restaurant was quite quiet as I guess everyone else was enjoying BBQ season.

The deal at TNQ is £13.95 for 2 courses, which I though was great value.  

I started with the Beetroot and Goats Cheese salad which was delicious,



and the boy had Peach and Prosciutto salad.  It looked gorgeous, but he said he would not pay the £7.95 it would be as standard in the restaurant, but within the Sunday deal it was OK (he's an accountant and likes to complain about money!!)



For mains, we both went for the Sunday Dinner (obvs), me having beef, him having Suckling Pig.  Both were served with Garlic & Duck Fat Roast Potatoes, Honey Roasted Parsnips, Greens, Cauliflower Cheese, Carrot & Swede Mash, lashings of home made gravy and amazing Yorkshire Puddings!! I am obsessed with cauliflower cheese and think this should be served with every meal, not just a roast, so I had a huge smile on my dial!

Rump beef dinner

Barry Pugh's Famous Suckling Pig

The EPIC cauliflower cheese!

All in all, I was really impressed with the food.  The total bill was about £56, which included 4 drinks.  Drinks are expensive, but not too much in comparison to other restaurants, it just makes it look expensive when the food deal is so good!!  I'd definitely go back for Sunday dinner, but I'm not sure I would for a Friday/Saturday night meal, as I prefer my restaurants with a bit more atmosphere, but for a roast dinner, this is definitely up there with the best in Manchester! TNQ and M-DOG, I salute you!

If anyone has any other great recommendations for Manchester Restaurants, I'd love to hear them!




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I love hearing other peoples views on my fashion loves! xoxo

© Just Mee Dee

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig